NetExperienced is home of Michael Shearer, a creative, strategic and innovative Marketing Technologist who achieves marketing results with solutions that use the most up-to-date technologies.
Applying over 16 years of direct experience, Michael is the kind of versatile and experienced partner companies are on the hunt for.
He’s an agile problem solver with nearly two decades of experience managing marketing, technology and teams.
Michael has helped more than 70 businesses in both B2B and B2C, contributing on hundreds of digital marketing projects.
His areas of expertise include:
Key roles that contributed to Michael’s expertise:
VP, MARKETING OPERATIONS @ EFFIN AMAZING
Oversees and executes on marketing project delivery for a variety of clients, using cutting edge marketing technologies like Segment, Amplitude, Autopilot, ActiveCampaign VWO, Google Optimize and more.
VP, MARKETING @ SELECTHUB
Responsible for running marketing operations for a SaaS-based technology selection software company.
- Instrumental in deploying new website, content marketing strategy and media outreach program that’s been key to organic traffic growth from less than 100 sessions/month to 5 figure sessions/month in first 9 months.
- Helped create new, significant recurring revenue streams to organization within first 5 months of starting new business line
- Contributions led to inclusion on the INC 500 two years in a row
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING @ NET-RESULTS
Grow brand awareness, reach and lead generation for popular B2B SaaS marketing automation company. Delivering on goals with data-driven results using marketing/sales technologies and strategies.
- In first 90 days, grew blog subscriber base by 10X with ongoing content marketing and social media, resulting in additional 60% increase in lead generation.
- Grew lead generation 155% in Q1, 2015 compared to Q4, 2014 benchmark
- Landed story in major online technology publication (VentureBeat, March 2015)
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING @ MSHOPPER
Demonstrates an expert level understanding of digital technology and its use to deliver specific marketing strategies in support of the company goals.
- Launched and manage marketing and sales automation platforms (Net Results / Salesforce), website updates and re-design, ongoing demand generation, lead database growth, inbound/outbound marketing campaigns
- Implemented and update weekly KPI dashboard and project reporting
MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER @ GABRIEL SALES
Directs and implements B2B demand generation engine strategies to create buyer awareness, guide solution validation and build a MQL to SQL pipeline. Delivered on goals with data-driven results by leveraging marketing/sales technologies and strategies.
• Deployed and managed seven demand generation engines serving various businesses/verticals in first year.
• Improved client retention rates 5x by demonstrating sound technical aptitude and client services/account management skills.
• Increased qualified inbound leads 30% through SEO best practices to improve organic traffic.
MARKETING TECHNOLOGY MANAGER @ ARIZONA REPUBLIC
Advised on and managed technical deployment of regional news content marketing and management system. Delivered PSD to WordPress conversion services, custom programming/plugins, publishing automation, and tool training to allow client for self-sufficient management.
• Project management and delivery of multi-site (12+ sites) and multi-user (100+ users) web publishing environment integrating Kapost (content marketing platform) with WordPress Network Sites.
• Implemented SEO strategy and technology that helped grow organic traffic to 2500+ visits/month.
MARKETING TECHNOLOGY MANAGER @ OPTIONS UNIVERSITY
Led technical consulting and project delivery for web marketing strategy, web/CMS development, E-Commerce, conversion analysis, online business development, SEO, PPC, web analytics/reporting, email marketing and multivariate testing. Demonstrated expertise in the use of marketing and eCommerce technologies.
• Configured, launched and performed live troubleshooting of E-commerce and product delivery platform, which lead to $1MM sales in first week of launch.
• Increased lead form conversions 10+ % by implementing and deploying advanced multivariate testing software and campaigns.
• Boosted shopping cart revenue by $200+/per transaction through the creation of advanced cross-sell and up sell sequences.
• Built E-commerce and marketing dashboard which showcased the company’s value and viability in support of its sale to Wealth Builder, LLC.
DIGITAL MARKETING DIRECTOR @ AROMI D’ ITALIA
Demonstrated an expert level understanding of digital technology and it is use to deliver specific marketing strategies in support of the company goals. Devised innovative strategies to drive online traffic to company website, created and oversaw graphic design, web programming, copywriting, B2B digital marketing strategy, and technology implementation to position five different vertically integrated business units effectively.
• Enhanced and supported branding strategy by redesigning and authoring corporate websites serving the four main business verticals (Café/Restaurant Design, Equipment Sales, Wholesale & Commercial Ingredients).
• Fully overhauled of SEO strategies and lead capture forms which increased inbound inquiries tenfold and the website ranking on first page of Google for essential key phrases.
MARKETING ANALYST @ AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY SYSTEM
Planned and executed strategies to support the Admissions, Marketing and Finance departments. Delivered extensive database reporting, implementation and management of marketing technology while performing departmental quality assurance.
• Developed database marketing strategy improving “applicant-to-registrant” conversion by 4% resulting in a $2M+ revenue improvement.
• Changes to online application process resulted in 4% increase – a $750K+ annual revenue increase.
• Prepared daily operations reports, monthly KPI reports and presented to the Executive team.
Michael currently lives in beautiful Boulder County, Colorado with his wonderful wife, Bianca, and 5 incredible children, Forrest, Nina, Makenzie, JB, and Dean.
Want help with your business? Get in touch.