Michael Shearer is dedicated to helping the right kind of people, and their businesses, grow. Applying over ten years of direct experience, Michael can help you improve many facets of your online business strategies. Michael has consulted on and delivered implementation and analysis work on hundreds of digital marketing projects for more than 50 clients in both B2B and B2C markets.Michael currently lives in beautiful Boulder, Colorado with his wonderful wife, Bianca, and 5 incredible children, Forrest, Nina, Makenzie, JB, and Dean.
He is a creative, strategic and innovative Marketing Technologist who achieves success by recognizing patterns, developing creative solutions and leveraging the most up-to-date technology in support of marketing and sales goals. An agile problem solver with 14+ years’ experience managing teams across multiple business units including marketing, sales, finance, and customer service.
Areas of Expertise:
Project Management ● Systems Integration ● Marketing Technology ● Pattern Recognition ● Web Programming ● Program Launch & Implementation ● Client Services ● Reporting ● Search Engine Marketing ● Web Analytics ● Content Marketing & Management ● Marketing Automation ● eCommerce ● Multivariate Testing
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, NET-RESULTS – CURRENT
Responsible for growth and continuous improvement of company’s marketing objectives.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, MSHOPPER – 2014
Demonstrates an expert level understanding of digital technology and its use to deliver specific marketing strategies in support of the company goals.
- Launched and manage marketing and sales automation platforms (Net Results / Salesforce), website updates and re-design, ongoing demand generation, lead database growth, inbound/outbound marketing campaigns
- Implemented and update weekly KPI dashboard and project reporting
MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER, GABRIEL SALES – 2012 to 2014
Directs and implements B2B demand generation engine strategies to build buyer awareness and guide solution validation in support of marketing and sales strategies. Delivers on goals with data-driven results by leveraging marketing/sales technologies and strategies.
• Deployed and managed seven demand generation engines serving various businesses/verticals in first year.
• Improved client retention rates 5x by demonstrating sound technical aptitude and client services/account management skills.
• Increased qualified inbound leads 30% through SEO best practices to improve organic traffic.
MARKETING TECHNOLOGY MANAGER, ARIZONA REPUBLIC – 2010 – 2013
Advised on and managed technical deployment of regional news content marketing and management system. Delivered PSD to WordPress conversion services, custom programming/plugins, publishing automation, and tool training to allow client for self-sufficient management.
• Project management and delivery of multi-site (12+ sites) and multi-user (100+ users) web publishing environment integrating Kapost (content marketing platform) with WordPress Network Sites.
• Implemented SEO strategy and technology that helped grow organic traffic to 2500+ visits/month.
MARKETING TECHNOLOGY MANAGER, OPTIONS UNIVERSITY – 2009 – 2015
Led technical consulting and project delivery for web marketing strategy, web/CMS development, E-Commerce, conversion analysis, online business development, SEO, PPC, web analytics/reporting, email marketing and multivariate testing. Demonstrated expertise in the use of marketing and eCommerce technologies.
• Configured, launched and performed live troubleshooting of E-commerce and product delivery platform, which lead to $1MM sales in first week of launch.
• Increased lead form conversions 10+ % by implementing and deploying advanced multivariate testing software and campaigns.
• Boosted shopping cart revenue by $200+/per transaction through the creation of advanced cross-sell and up sell sequences.
• Built E-commerce and marketing dashboard which showcased the company’s value and viability in support of its sale to Wealth Builder, LLC.
DIGITAL MARKETING DIRECTOR, AROMI D’ ITALIA – 2008 to 2009
Demonstrated an expert level understanding of digital technology and it is use to deliver specific marketing strategies in support of the company goals. Devised innovative strategies to drive online traffic to company website, created and oversaw graphic design, web programming, copywriting, B2B digital marketing strategy, and technology implementation to position five different vertically integrated business units effectively.
• Enhanced and supported branding strategy by redesigning and authoring corporate websites serving the four main business verticals (Café/Restaurant Design, Equipment Sales, Wholesale & Commercial Ingredients).
• Fully overhauled of SEO strategies and lead capture forms which increased inbound inquiries tenfold and the website ranking on first page of Google for essential key phrases.
MARKETING ANALYST, AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY SYSTEM – 2005 to 2007
Planned and executed strategies to support the Admissions, Marketing and Finance departments. Delivered extensive database reporting, implementation and management of marketing technology while performing departmental quality assurance.
• Developed database marketing strategy improving “applicant-to-registrant” conversion by 4% resulting in a $2M+ revenue improvement.
• Changes to online application process resulted in 4% increase – a $750K+ annual revenue increase.
• Prepared daily operations reports, monthly KPI reports and presented to the Executive team.