NetExperienced is home of Michael Shearer, a creative, strategic and innovative Marketing Technologist who achieves rapid success by recognizing patterns, developing creative solutions and leveraging the most up-to-date technology in support of marketing and sales goals.
He’s a published author including articles in MarketingLand, SearchEngineLand, Salesforce Blog, Relevance, Spin Sucks and Marketing Technology Blog. He was named a 2016 Marketing Technologist to Watch (Kapost, 2016).
He’s an agile problem solver with 14+ years’ experience managing teams across multiple business units including marketing, sales, finance, and customer service.
Michael has consulted on, managed marketing operations for and analyzed hundreds of digital marketing projects for more than 50 clients in both B2B and B2C.
Applying nearly 15 years of direct experience, Michael is the kind of versatile and experienced partner companies are on the hunt for.
Areas of Expertise:
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING OPERATIONS, SELECTHUB – CURRENT
Responsible for running marketing operations for a SaaS-based technology selection software company.
- Instrumental in deploying new website, content marketing strategy and media outreach program that’s been key to organic traffic growth from less than 100 sessions/month to 5 figure sessions/month in less than 9 months.
- Helped create recurring 5 figure monthly revenue stream in 5 months
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, NET-RESULTS – 2014 – 2015
Growing brand awareness, reach and lead generation for popular B2B SaaS marketing automation company. Delivering on goals with data-driven results using marketing/sales technologies and strategies.
- In first 90 days, grew blog subscriber base by 10X with ongoing content marketing and social media, resulting in additional 60% increase in lead generation.
- Grew lead generation 155% in Q1, 2015 compared to Q4, 2014 benchmark
- Landed story in major online technology publication (VentureBeat, March 2015)
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, MSHOPPER – 2014
Demonstrates an expert level understanding of digital technology and its use to deliver specific marketing strategies in support of the company goals.
- Launched and manage marketing and sales automation platforms (Net Results / Salesforce), website updates and re-design, ongoing demand generation, lead database growth, inbound/outbound marketing campaigns
- Implemented and update weekly KPI dashboard and project reporting
MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER, GABRIEL SALES – 2012 to 2014
Directs and implements B2B demand generation engine strategies to build buyer awareness and guide solution validation in support of marketing and sales strategies. Delivers on goals with data-driven results by leveraging marketing/sales technologies and strategies.
• Deployed and managed seven demand generation engines serving various businesses/verticals in first year.
• Improved client retention rates 5x by demonstrating sound technical aptitude and client services/account management skills.
• Increased qualified inbound leads 30% through SEO best practices to improve organic traffic.
MARKETING TECHNOLOGY MANAGER, ARIZONA REPUBLIC – 2010 – 2013
Advised on and managed technical deployment of regional news content marketing and management system. Delivered PSD to WordPress conversion services, custom programming/plugins, publishing automation, and tool training to allow client for self-sufficient management.
• Project management and delivery of multi-site (12+ sites) and multi-user (100+ users) web publishing environment integrating Kapost (content marketing platform) with WordPress Network Sites.
• Implemented SEO strategy and technology that helped grow organic traffic to 2500+ visits/month.
MARKETING TECHNOLOGY MANAGER, OPTIONS UNIVERSITY – 2009 – 2015
Led technical consulting and project delivery for web marketing strategy, web/CMS development, E-Commerce, conversion analysis, online business development, SEO, PPC, web analytics/reporting, email marketing and multivariate testing. Demonstrated expertise in the use of marketing and eCommerce technologies.
• Configured, launched and performed live troubleshooting of E-commerce and product delivery platform, which lead to $1MM sales in first week of launch.
• Increased lead form conversions 10+ % by implementing and deploying advanced multivariate testing software and campaigns.
• Boosted shopping cart revenue by $200+/per transaction through the creation of advanced cross-sell and up sell sequences.
• Built E-commerce and marketing dashboard which showcased the company’s value and viability in support of its sale to Wealth Builder, LLC.
DIGITAL MARKETING DIRECTOR, AROMI D’ ITALIA – 2008 to 2009
Demonstrated an expert level understanding of digital technology and it is use to deliver specific marketing strategies in support of the company goals. Devised innovative strategies to drive online traffic to company website, created and oversaw graphic design, web programming, copywriting, B2B digital marketing strategy, and technology implementation to position five different vertically integrated business units effectively.
• Enhanced and supported branding strategy by redesigning and authoring corporate websites serving the four main business verticals (Café/Restaurant Design, Equipment Sales, Wholesale & Commercial Ingredients).
• Fully overhauled of SEO strategies and lead capture forms which increased inbound inquiries tenfold and the website ranking on first page of Google for essential key phrases.
MARKETING ANALYST, AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY SYSTEM – 2005 to 2007
Planned and executed strategies to support the Admissions, Marketing and Finance departments. Delivered extensive database reporting, implementation and management of marketing technology while performing departmental quality assurance.
• Developed database marketing strategy improving “applicant-to-registrant” conversion by 4% resulting in a $2M+ revenue improvement.
• Changes to online application process resulted in 4% increase – a $750K+ annual revenue increase.
• Prepared daily operations reports, monthly KPI reports and presented to the Executive team.
Michael currently lives in beautiful Boulder County, Colorado with his wonderful wife, Bianca, and 5 incredible children, Forrest, Nina, Makenzie, JB, and Dean.